The Invisible Ink Blog: King Kong -- An American Icon

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

We Have Just Entered The Twilight Zone...

Posted on 12:51 PM by christofer D





"I happen to think that the singular evil of our time is prejudice. It is from this evil that all other evils grow and multiply."  -- Rod Serling













This is important to me. Up until now I have tried to keep the focus of this blog on film and filmmaking with an emphasis on story construction. And this post will not stray too far from that, but you will get a view of my politics
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Here There Be Monsters
    One of the most common things I hear from people who object to learning, or having others learn, story structure is that the writing becomes...
  • Another Movie I Like: 12 Angry Men
    “I happen to think that the singular evil of our time is prejudice. It is from this evil that all other evils grow and multiply. In almost e...
  • The Artist’s Vision
    “Why do you want to build an amusement park, they’re so dirty.” -- Walt Disney’s wife, on his idea for DisneylandFor those of us born after...
  • One-trick Pony
    "Overall theme leads to character and then on to plot" -- Rod SerlingThere are two things that inexperienced screenwriters talk ab...
  • Why a deus ex machina doesn’t make a satisfying story.
    Before I start this post I want to apologize for the long gap between this post and the last.  I was deep in a project that took up a lot of...
  • How Stories Work – Everything Old is New Again
    A few months ago, I heard a story on NPR about a study that found reading literary fiction, rather than popular fiction, could help people b...
  • Here’s Another Movie I Like -- Norma Rae
    I have many films that I love, but there are only a few I wish I had made. One of those films is Paper Moon. And then there are a few films ...
  • Yet another movie I like—The Apartment
    "The best director is the one you don't see." -- Billy Wilder Someone asked me today why I like older movies better than new o...
  • Two Questions That Drive Me Crazy
    First some backstory: When I was a kid there were no VCRs. Only rich people had them; they were still rare for the rest of us. I desperatel...
  • Our Very Own Library of Alexandria
    The Library of Alexandria was the largest library in the ancient world. The aim of this ancient Egyptian library was to collect the world’s ...

Categories

  • Billy
  • Brian McDonald
  • Classics
  • empathy
  • Invisible Ink
  • Kirk Douglas
  • Literary Fiction
  • Mirror Neurons
  • Norman Rockwell
  • The Golden Theme
  • Wilder

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (4)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2013 (5)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  February (1)
  • ►  2012 (13)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  July (2)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2011 (23)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (3)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (4)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ▼  2010 (23)
    • ►  December (2)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  October (4)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ▼  August (2)
      • We Have Just Entered The Twilight Zone...
      • Working Hard for the Money
    • ►  July (2)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (1)
  • ►  2009 (9)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2008 (6)
    • ►  October (2)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (1)
  • ►  2007 (10)
    • ►  December (2)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2006 (21)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (4)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2005 (22)
    • ►  December (2)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (5)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (2)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

christofer D
View my complete profile